Registration for World Marathon Challenge
Registration is now open for the 2018 World Marathon Challenge and places will be allotted on a first come first served basis.
The World Marathon Challenge is a logistical and physical challenge to run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days. Competitors must run the standard 42.195 km marathon distance in Antarctica, South America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia within 168 hours, or 7 days. There is also a half marathon option. The World Marathon Challenge also encompasses an individual competiton, with male and female divisions.
World Marathon Challenge Provisional Schedule & Destinations *subject to change
|18-Jan||Arrive at Punta Arenas, Chile|
|19-Jan||Pre-Departure Briefings for Antarctica|
|20-Jan||Flight to Marathon location at Union Glacier, Antarctica|
|22-Jan||Cold Weather Gear Testing|
|23-Jan||Marathon in Antarctica + Flight to Punta Arenas|
|24-Jan||Marathon in Punta Arenas + Flight to Miami|
|25-Jan||Marathon in Miami + Flight to Madrid|
|26-Jan||Marathon in Madrid + Flight to Marrakech|
|27-Jan||Marathon in Marrakech + Flight to Dubai|
|28-Jan||Marathon in Dubai + Flight to Sydney|
|29-Jan||Marathon in Sydney + Celebration|
|30-Jan||Rest & Relaxation|
|31-Jan||Free to Return Home|
*Every effort will be made to keep to any scheduled departure and return date, but all flights are subject to weather, aircraft serviceability and local conditions.
The 2018 itinerary may see a change from previous years, with competitors leaving from Cape Town, South Africa for Antarctica, and taking a different route around the world to finish in Miami, USA.
Entry Fee for World Marathon Challenge
The entry fee of EUR €36,000 (€35,000 if paying in full upon registration) includes
- Flight by specialist jet from Punta Arenas to Union Glacier, Antarctica - the location of the first marathon.
- Polar clothing, tented accommodation and meals in Antarctica.
- Professionally organised marathon events at Union Glacier, Punta Arenas, Miami, Madrid, Marrakech, Dubai and Sydney. *locations and dates are subject to change
- International business class flights / charter to each of the marathon locations.
- Contingency plans and arrangements to cater for weather delays in Antarctica and guarantee availability on flights to meet a 7-day schedule.
- Accommodation, where practical and possible at locations during the trip, and two nights accommodation at the conclusion.
- Medical support during the marathons on each continent.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance for Antarctica.
- Professional video footage / photos of the World Marathon Challenge.
- Offsetting of flight carbon emissions via CarbonFund.org
- Medals, t-shirts, souvenirs and merchandise related to the World Marathon Challenge.
*Please note: The entry fee does NOT include flights from your homeland to Punta Arenas (OR Cape Town) to begin the trip or your return flight home at the end of the trip.
All participants should be in excellent health and capable of completing the World Marathon Challenge. Please consult with your doctor before entering the World Marathon Challenge.